Go Coco-nuts for these tasty little balls that incorporate all the goodness of the coconut, in a devilishly delicious sweet treat.
The addition of coconut oil into your diet has endless benefits including lowering bad cholesterol, improves the absorption of vitamins and minerals, has a positive effect on a blood sugar, and is good for all round heart care. Also, it strengthens the immune system and improves digestion and helps with weight loss.
The vanilla and honey/maple syrup provides your body with natural sugars to satisfy your sweet cravings and stops your giving into to a processed sugar quick fix. With just 4 ingredients, this recipe will eliminate your naughty snacking habits
So how can you make your miracle balls ……??
What you need:
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut + a bit for dusting
- 2 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What you need to do:
- Pulse the shredded coconut in a grinder for a few seconds until texture becomes like thick flour. Transfer coconut flour to a bowl and add other ingredients. Stir with a spoon until you get a thick paste.
- Leave the mixture for few minutes at room temperature, and then transfer it to the refrigerator for 20 minutes until mixture become firm and hardens.
- Dose mixture with a teaspoon and form small bite-size balls with your hand. Immediately roll a ball in shredded coconut and place on a wax paper.
- Place finished coconut bites in a refrigerator to cool completely. Keep in cool place until serving.
Recipe sourced at http://www.natalieshealth.com/