If anything deserves a day, Turtles do.
To celebrate #WorldTurtleDay we’ve come up with a really easy recipe for you to enjoy. The kids will love these.
Especially this guy!
Here are some cool Turtle facts from livescience:
- Turtles spend most of their lives in water.
- They are adapted for aquatic life, with webbed feet or flippers and a streamlined body.
- Sea turtles rarely leave the ocean, except to lay eggs in the sand.
- Freshwater turtles live in ponds and lakes, and they climb out of the water onto logs or rocks to bask in the warm sun.
All you need is a few ingredients to make these snappy little creatures. Take a look below and follow our simple instructions.
PRODUCT USED: Mr. Whipstir
- 192 grams of flour
- 150 grams of butter
- 215 grams of cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 35 grams of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
- Green fondant icing (or white fondant and green food colouring.)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- In a large bowl mix together the cane sugar and butter. Then add the egg, milk and vanilla extract. Mix together with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients – flour, cocoa, bicarb and a dash of salt. Whisk together.
- Start adding the dry ingrenients to the first mixture and fold together using a rubber spatular or wooden spoon.
- Once combined, roll into small balls and place on a baking tray. Put in the oven for roughly 15-18 mins (depending on size)
- While cookies are baking, start making the head a fin shapes out of your icing. Wet the ends so they become sticky.
- Once your cookies are done, place ontop of the icing and leave to cool. Once icing is hard and cookies are ready, take a bite 😛