Get yourself set up for a football feast.
Whether you’re a Liverpool fan or Real Madrid fan, you can’t deny a good snack during the game. These are so easy to make, and tasty too. With a little help from Sweetphi, we baked these easy cookies/biscuits. The difficult part was cutting out the numbered shapes, but with our trusty paring knife we certainly felt at ease. Try it for yourself using the recipe and instructions below.
PRODUCT USED: paring knife
- 1 Cup Butter (2 sticks) at room temperature
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest (zest from ½ the lemon)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Cups Flour (plus more for rolling cookies out)
- ½ tsp Salt
- In the bowl of stand mixer add the butter sticks and the sugar and “cream together” (cream together refers to the process of vigorously mixing/beating the butter and sugar together so that they incorporate very well, there is no cream added) about 3 minutes, then scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the egg, lemon zest, baking powder and vanilla extract, then beat again for 2 minutes until a creamy yellow color.
- Next add 3 cups flour and ½ tsp salt and mix on low speed to combine (about 2 minutes). Cookie dough will be almost crumbly, but that’s ok, press it together with your hands and form it into two balls. If it doesn’t come together with your hands add in a teaspoon of water and then try pressing it together.
- On a floured surface or board roll out one of the cookie dough balls to desired thickness level (they won’t rise much) then cut out shapes and place on a parchment paper or silicone baking mat lined baking sheet.
- Put baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- After 10 minutes take the baking sheets out of the freezer and bake for 15 minutes (or until edges start to turn golden brown.)
- Remove cookies from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire cooling wrack for them to cool completely before frosting.
- Use red icing to cover your Liverpool cookies and white for Real. Then roll out some fondant icing and cut the players numbers using a knife
Recipe sourced from: https://sweetphi.com/sugar-cut-cookies-actually-hold-shape/