These Mirengues are cute and flaming 🔥. Yaaaas Queen.
If you like a little something sweet then these are the treats for you. They are so easy to make, and for meringues – that’s what you need! An abundance of things can go wrong, and with only 3 ingredients you’ll be cutting down the possibility of failure. We got you!
If you’re thinking ‘hmm, maybe i shouldn’t try this’ – don’t worry, we’ll guide you every step of the way ✊. You’ll be a meringue connoisseur in no time.
Ready to take the challenge? Here’s what you’ll need…
- 2 egg whites
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice (we used Jif squeezy lemon)
PRODUCT USED: Mr. Whipstir
- Pre heat oven to 100°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk.
- If eggs are taken from fridge, place in warm water for a minute or two. (They need to be roughly room temperature to work correctly.)
- Crack them open over a small bowl. Slowly pass the yolk back and forth between the top and bottom egg shell. Be careful not to break the yolk, as even a small bit could ruin the whole thing!
- Now that you have both egg whites in a bowl, whisk as though your life depends on it! – Seriously these things take some time to froth up. Although, with the Mr. Whipstir, you’re cutting that time in half – maybe more!
- Add the lemon juice and continue whisking.
- Stop once the eggs become a fluffy texture and stand up in stiff peaks (when you remove the whisk, the egg fluff stands still and doesn’t fall back down)
- Start adding the sugar a tablespoon at a time, whisk in the mixture. Continue this every minute or so.
- Once finished, your meringue texture should be thick… if it’s runny, try adding more lemon juice (or 1/4 tsp cream of tartar)
- Next, use your desired food colouring in the mixture (red and yellow if you want the flame effect)
- Pour into a piping bag with a star shaped tip and squeeze small amounts onto the baking tray.
- Place your tray in the oven for roughly 30-40 minutes.
- Take out and leave to cool… 😎
- You are now the connoisseur you’ve always dreamed of.